Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We at Gyaananda Junior School view the child as a natural eager learner and provide a thoughtfully prepared nurturing environment that understands the unexpressed needs of the child, cares for his/her uniqueness and helps him/her become independent. The programs running are: Kindergarten: 4 yrs to 5 yrs.,Nursery: 3 yrs. to 4 yrs., Pre Nursery: 2yrs to 3 yrs. Min age 2+ as on 31.03.17. Play Group: 18 months to 2 years, Toddler: 12 months to 18 months and Day Care till 8:00 pm.
We follow the Montessori Method of education combined with Gardner’s Multi Intelligence Theory. It is an educational methodology that is logical and based on respect for a child’s natural psychological development as well as technological advancement. The characteristic of Montessori education is carried forward in the formal school by adding on other best practices like Waldorf, Reggio Emelia Curriculum, Play Way, Jodo Gyan, Abacus, and Jolly Phonics.
Our curriculum is a unique blend of world class pedagogy and teaching methodology. The amalgam of various activities is an integral part of teaching methodology. Exposure to multiple activities enables us to tap into the diversity of intelligence of each child, discover their strengths and provide the suitable platform to excel. Language skills, along with personal, social and physical education are a part of academic learning.
There is a rigorous process of selecting the faculty members. The process involves group discussion and presentation, written test, personal and subject interview and class demonstration. To continuously enhance the skills of the faculty and to keep them abreast with the latest developments in the field of education, regular workshops for teachers are conducted.
The school maintains a 15:1 student-teacher ratio.
The safety and security of children is the prime concern of the school and all plausible steps are taken to ensure it in the school campus and the school buses. The campus has CCTV surveillance, fire detection and firefighting measures of highest standards. The security guards at the gate and at various vantage points are trained to control and monitor any kind of movement inside the campus. School transport vehicles are air-conditioned and are equipped with Global Positioning System. To meet any medical emergency, the school has professionally qualified full time nurse on its roll. Highest standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained. The school has a housekeeping department with trained attendants.
Gyaananda School has a well-designed and extensive educational programme for Pre-Primary, Primary school. The Pre Primary Curriculum is the best of Montessori, Waldorf and Reggio Emelia Curriculum. The School aims to introduce E- learning modules from Class III onwards. E- Learning modules designed at Gyaananda School helps in enhancing the learning and fosters the growth of the child. The curriculum focuses on overall development of the child and preparing future leaders. The diverse curriculum engages the full spectrum of human intelligence and develops critical thinking, sound judgment and problem solving abilities while honing their exclusivity and originality.
Collaborative learning can occur between just two students or within a larger group, and it can take a variety of forms. The basis of collaborative learning is constructivism: knowledge is constructed, and transformed by students. The learning process must be understood as something a learner does by activating already existent cognitive structures or by constructing new cognitive structures that accommodate new inputs. Learners do not passively receive knowledge from the teacher; teaching becomes a transaction amongst all the stakeholders in the learning process. At Gyaananda, collaborative learning will be a technique teachers will use to group students together to impart learning in a positive way.
Assessment at the School is planned to be a continuous, ongoing and re-iterative process of monitoring learning. The School will employ a variety of assessment tools like classroom projects, informal observations, periodic class tests and monthly evaluation to holistically assess each individual’s learning needs and progress. We will focus on both ‘Assessment for Readiness’ and ‘Assessment of Learning’.
Readiness for Learning :
- helps to understand the previous knowledge of the learner and plan future learning
- reflects a view of learning in which assessment helps students learn better
- involves formal and informal assessment activities as part of learning and to inform the plan of future learning
- includes clear goals for the learning activity
- reflects a belief that all students can achieve higher level
- encourages self-assessment and peer assessment as part of the regular classroom routines
Assessment of Learning :
- is used to plan future learning goals and pathways for students
- provides evidence of achievement to the wider community, including parents, educators, the students themselves and outside groups
- Provides transparent interpretation across all audiences.
- 2 – 2.5 years (minimum) for Pre-Nursery on 31st March
- 3+ years completed for Nursery on 31st March
- 4+ years for KG on 31st March
- 5+ years completed for Grade1 on 31st March
Eligibility: Any citizen of this Global World
- Three recent colored passport size photographs
- Recent Passport size photograph of the staff (Applicable for supervision kids)
- Passport size photographs of the Father and Mother.
- Birth certificate: Original and one photocopy
- Transfer certificate (from previous school, if applicable)
- Photocopy of previous school Mark-sheets (Originals to be shown at the time admission, if applicable)
- Proof of Residence
- Valid passport& Visa (for international students)
- Child’s Immunisation Record
- Medical Certificate signed by Medical practitioner
- Details of allergies and any other chronic aliment (photocopy of doctor’s prescription)
All documents should be self-attested.
The fee structure at Gyaananda has been formulated so as to be able to meet the requirements of holistic development of the students in a safe, secure and joyous environment. For details of the same, please visit the school or contact our Admission Executive at 9999120191 or email us at email@example.com
Campus and Facilities
Children learn, grow and internalize through interactive experiences with their peers and elders that nurture each one of their senses. Accordingly, the learning centres have been carefully planned with open-ended activities and hands-on materials. At these centres, students learn about specific subjects by playing and engaging in activities that encourage child-initiated exploration and discovery.
Learning centres allow children to take risks without fear of failure. These also allow children to be self-disciplined by exploring in their own way and directing self-learning. These centres also help in fostering independent learning, creativity, planning and problem solving abilities besides nurturing values of sharing and co-operation.
We at Gyaananda have the following learning centres :
- Language Lab
- Robotics Lab
- Garden of Five senses
- Enactment Room
- Mathematics Lab
- Science Lab
- EVS Lab
- Sustainable development Areas (Wind energy, solar energy, biomass energy, water conservation, rain water harvesting, recycling)
- Multi Media Room
Games, athletics and sports have their own unique significance in the curriculum. Other than engendering healthy competitiveness, sports activities in the school are useful in building character, sportsmanship, discipline, strong work ethics and the ability to work in teams. Thus, these activities are enmeshed in the curriculum. A team of professional coaches help each child to identify their interests and aptitudes as well as hone their talents. We provide the following facilities :
- Table Tennis
- Roller Skating
- Martial Arts
- Mini Gymnasium
- Yoga& Meditation
- Swimming Pool : Toddler and Standard size Pool
- Mini Golf Course
- Outdoor adventure activities
The school library has an attached enactment room.In Enactment room Children would perform role plays of the various characters in the stories that they have read. Diverse activities related to books will be organized here which help in augmenting the love for reading.